The troops shall be off to the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo to join a new regional force in trying to counterbalance the current series of ongoing hostilities in DRC.
South Sudan Peoples Defense Force spokesperson says more than 700 troops shall travel to the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to inter-connect with the new regional force in order to suppress the ongoing unnecessary harmful military confrontations in DRC.
The spokesperson for South Sudan’s People’s Defense Force told The Associated Press on Monday that the government has prioritized principle mechanisms for the 750 troops with the necessary combat equipment for the military assignment. At the beginning of this year, the United Nations renewed an arms embargo on South Sudan, citing endless harmful violence as the country unhurriedly implements a 2018 peace deal that ended a five-year civil war. Thousands of innocent civilians are until now being cold bloody murdered, according to local authorities and the UN.
Earlier this year, leaders of the seven-nation East African Community passed a
resolution to develop and post an organize regional force to eastern DRC, where loads of militia fighters are still carrying out crimes against humanity. Diplomatic tensions have been rising as Kinshasa accuses its tiny neighbor Rwanda of supplying the armed group M23 with military & logistical assistance. President Paul Kagame of Rwanda dismissed those allegations and immediately accused DRC of collusion with the FDLR, previous Rwandan Hutu insurgent men constituted in the DRC after the massacre of the Tutsi people country-wide in 1994.
Kenya shall have a prime role to play in the regional force and in the search for harmony & tranquility in the region, explained President DR William Samoei Ruto during his first visit last week to the Republic of South Sudan. President Salva Kiir elaborated on his country’s position that his soldiers are ready to participate in the regional mission, despite having their own challenges at home.